THE RIGHT WAY.
- You’re sick and tired of people lying to your face and giving you false hopes like
“land your first job in x months spending just a few hours a week from the comfort of your home”…
- You might've built projects… but you have a gut feeling that they’re not enough. You’re not confident of them since most of them are copy-pasted code from google searches and online courses.
- You’ve taken online courses with claims like:
“Build 23 projects with html, css, sass, js, jQuery, react, bootstrap, node, python, sql, mongo, php…. blah blah blah”
“The only course you need to learn web development”
...and you still lack true understanding of even the fundamentals. You still don't get it.
You’ve had it enough. You want change. You want no BS.
Let's go back to the 11 year old Tenzin. I was in 4th grade. The boarding school I was attending had Intel Pentium computers, and every week, we were allowed to use them for only thirty minutes. Next thing you know I had built a website with html/css, and I was fascinated by it.
I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
Unfortunately, my family was poor, and due to the lack of resources (own computer, internet etc…), I couldn’t keep on learning to code until… I was 17. The year 2010 was when I came to the United States.
It was also the year I got my very first laptop. It was the evening of April 19, 2010, when my Aunt said “Tenzin, you can have my laptop.”
Words can't describe the shockwave of happiness and excitement I felt during that moment.
From that day on, I was practically spending 10+ hours every single day on the computer, sleeping at most four to five hours a night. I still don’t know how I managed to survive those AP classes, but then again, I do have Asian parents…
Towards the end of 2010, I finally decided what I wanted to do with my life — become a software engineer. Soon after, I knew that I wanted to do web development specifically since I was already familiar with HTML and CSS.
...or so I thought.
I’ve mentored people pursuing Masters in Software Engineering complete their entire programs. I’ve also helped many ongoing boot campers finish their program strong and built projects with them that’ve helped them land real jobs.
They didn't know what they were talking about. They said, "it's easy." They said, "I mean in my language, you just do this, so you should be able to do the same." Riiiiiight.
Golden Rule: Don't trust anybody who says "It's easy."
It's a hybrid of the two most powerful programming paradigms — functional programming and object-oriented programming.
With this course, I want to make all of this come true for you.
HI. I'M TENZIN.
In the last few years, I’ve also been teaching and mentoring many students learn web development and land their first jobs/clients.
You’ll learn through the exact roadmap and rigorous curriculum that I have developed after teaching hundreds of students and dozens of boot campers. My curriculum is heavily influenced by the programs of top coding bootcamps like HackReactor, FullStack Academy, App Academy etc.
You’ll learn by building real-world components and projects. And when I say real-world, I actually mean it. Most courses try to sell you by using this headline, but these courses often have mediocre projects that isn't even applicable when you are working on a bigger application.
You’ll learn the what, how, and the why of every custom component and project we will be building from scratch. Every single of piece of thing you’re going to be building with this course has a purpose.
SNEAK PEEK OF SOME OF THE PROJECTS
Getting started with all the modern, industry-standard tools. Building a developer’s mindset. Understanding what truly works and what’s complete nonsense. Learning and building things that you’ll be asked to build in a professional job environment.
I also cover the psychological aspects of overcoming the fear of failure, conquering invisible scripts (not smart enough, not good enough in math, don't have a degree), and putting an end to the feeling of imposter syndrome.
Alright, you wanna see what's in the course? Take a look: (subject to change)
Your Game Planmindset
- Getting the maximum ROI from this course — I plan on returning you a value that's at least 10 times your investment.
- The exact system top coding bootcamps use to virtually guarantee the students will be successful — and I’ve made it even better by removing the mediocre stuff and adding up-to-date practical material
- The top 3 mistakes people make that virtually guarantees they’ll never make it as a developer
- How to build a portfolio that’s full of projects that you’re proud of — and most importantly, be able to deliberately explain the what, why and how of each project to any recruiter or interviewer.
Industry-standard Must Know Toolstoolsworksheets
- Alfred | The Ultimate Productivity App to 10x Your Efficiency
- VScode | The Best Lightweight and Powerful Code Editor
- Terminal | The Quiet and Simple Interface with Unlimited Potential
- JabJab Portfolio | How to Make it Your Own
- Git | The Versio Control System
- Github | The World's Largest Hosting Service for Git Repos
- Spectacle | The SIMPLEST, Most Robust Window Management Tool
- Sip | The Best Color Picking and Management Tool
- Cheatsheets/Worksheets (Terminal, Git, Vscode Alfred)
- Primitive data types (String, Number, Boolean)
- If/else statements
- Comparison and Logical Operators
- For Loops
- While Loops
- Write custom string methods from scratch.
- Write custom Array methods from scratch.
- Write custom Object methods from scratch.
- Solve carefully curated list of challenges from top code-challenge websites (code wars, leetcode, project euler, hacker rank)
DOM (Document Object Model)dom
- DOM && BOM
- Accessing DOM Elements
- Nodes vs Elements | Common misconceptionsc
- Event Listeners
- Add, remove, and toggle classes
More Advanced DOM and Getting Ready for Projectsdom
- Null && Undefined
- DOM Traversals Theory Deep Dive
- DOM Traversals Code Walkthrough
Building Actual Real-world Components From Scratchcomponents
- Sidebar Menu Starter Files (overview)
- Build an Off Canvas Sidebar Menu (HTML & CSS)
- Off Canvas Menu Solution Files
- Jab Modal Starter Files (overview)
- Build a Modal with Form (HTML & CSS)
- Jab Modal Solution Files
Building More Projects :)components
- Build a Dice Roll (Warming Up)
- Dice Roll Solution
- Build a Todo List App
- Todo List Solution
- Build an Accordion - The Best Tool for Faqs
- Accordion Solution
- Build the Youtube Loading Progress Bar
- Youtube Loading Bar Solution
- Build a Count Down Timer
- Count Down Timer Solution
Say Hello to Es6ecmascript 2015
- var vs let vs const
- Function Scope vs Block Scope
- Arrow Functions
- Arrow Functions and "this" Keyword
- Default Function Parameters
- Destructuring Objects
- Destructuring Arrays
- Rest vs Spread (...)
- Next Level Object Literals
- Template Strings | Strings are fun now!
Object-oriented Programmingoopcompositiondata structures
- Intro to Object Oriented Programming
- Function Constructors, Prototype
- Deep Dive Prototype
- Default Constructors
- Method Overriding
- Es6 Class
- Classical Inheritance
- Prototypal Inheritance (Learning composition)
OOP Algorithmic Challengesalgorithms
- Solve Oject-oriented Programming Problems
- Create Objects with the Constructor Pattern
- Inheriting Methods from Parent Class
- Instantiating with es6 Class | Creating Models
- Primitives and Object Wrappers
- Pass by Value and Pass by Reference
- Hoisting In ES5, Temporal Dead Zone in ES6
- Function Declarations vs Function Expressions
- Why IFFE? (Immediately Invoked Function Expressions)
- Closures - The behind-the-scenes Gangsta!
- Callbacks | The Beauty of Functional Programming
- Project Intro and Git Setup
- Creating the Initial HTML Layout
- Beautifying the Project | Adding CSS
- How to Get the Custom Free Radio Icons
- Quick Intro to Es6 Modules
- Creating the Question Function Constructor
- Quiz Constructor, Methods and Main Logic
- Quick Intro to the Module Design Pattern
- Caching the DOM
- Creating Questions and Initializing the Quiz
- Let's Get Rendering the Components
- Binding Events Listeners and Finishing Up!
- Deploying Your App! 🚀
- Solution Source Code - Quiz App
Music Player Spotify Cloneaudiodesign pattern
- Starter Files | Music Player
- Project Introduction | Reviewing Starter Files
- Marking Up the HTML
- Beautifying the Music Player
- Initial Render Function
- Final Render
- Binding Events | Listeners | Play & Pause Features
- Play Next Feature
- Setting Up PlayInfo Module
- Implementing PlayInfo Trigger Button
- Track Bar Module
- Review and Final Thoughts
- Solution Source Code - Music Player
Super Dynamic Hangman Appdynamicdesign pattern
- Hangman Starter Files
- Project Introduction and Starter Files Overview
- Home Module | Main Menu
- Game Module | Main Logic
- End Screen Module
- Intro to the HTML5 Canvas Api
- Board Module
- How to Play Module | Project Con
- Asynchronous Callbacks | Callback Purgatory
- HTTP and REST api
- Fetch API
- Fetching Open Trivia Data Project
- Fetch API Open Trivia Challenge Solution
- Movie App Project with Fetch
- Es8 Async Await | Upgrading from Promises
Multi-day Weather Forecast Appapisasswebpacknpmcurrent
- The What, Why and How of NPM
- Bye CSS. Hi Sass!
- Unpacking Webpack - Understanding the indispensable tool
- Overview of the Weather App
- Building and Rendering the Search Module
- Fetching Geo-coordinates from Google Geocoding API
- Attempting to fetch Weather Data from Dark Sky API (spoiler: failed) 🤣
- A Junior Developer's Worst Enemy: CORS
(Cross Origin Resource Sharing)
- Building and Rendering the Current Weather Module
- Adding the Beautiful Rainbow Loading Indicator
- Building and Rendering the Multi-day Weather Module
- Adding Additional Awesome Features to the Module
- Rendering the Units Module
- Deploying the App in less than 3 mins!
Jab Giffy | Gifs Projectapisasswebpacknpmlocalstoragecurrent
Building a full-blown app from scratch on your own (test)
More modules are currently in the work and to be released in the following months...
What's New in Version 2? 🚀
More beginner algorithmic challenges will be added for smoother transition.
Understand how a js framework works at the root and why companies use them.
Advanced Design patterns for building big applications for scalibility.
One of the most popular components used in projects in the real world.
Harder algorithmic challenges to prepare for complex game logic and matrix systems.
Understand how a server and client actually communicates by handling rest APIs.
Some modules will be re-recorded and extended with extra features and functionalities.
More component projects will be added. Popovers, Tooltip, hide on scroll, autocomplete etc
Intro to working with headers and the basics of building robust, secure apps.
Other Technologies You'll Learn
And just in case you're wondering...
You Don't Need a Computer Science Degree
There is no way giant universities can keep up with the pace.
Also, so many graduates with CS degree struggle to find jobs because they lack real-world, practical experience. More precisely, they don’t have a lot of hands-on, good projects to show.
Just few weeks ago, I helped one of my students, who graduated college with a CS degree 4 months ago, finally land a job by helping him build some projects to put on his portfolio.
And after two weeks on the job, he said this to me: “Tenzin, I feel like my bachelors degree is useless. I’m using less than 1% of what I learned in school on the job, and I’ve forgotten most of what I learned in school.”
And I’ve heard countless stories that are similar to this from many people.
In fact, there are so many stories of people without a college degree having amazing careers as software developers… a lot of them even at the senior-level positions.
HELP EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
If you’re ever stuck, you will have access to the private community of motivated learners just like you. Maybe you'll end up making life-long friends from all around the globe 😃.
For this launch, I expect a lot more people to join since we have doubled in size. It will be hard but I'll still try to answer questions on Slack whenever possible.
A 45-Day "Full Immersion" | Money-Back Guarantee
I KNOW it works because it's the exact same process that's been behind multiple successful students of mine.
However, if you're on the fence... or if other resources out there have left you skeptical, then I want you to try the course "full immersion" with absolute confidence. If you don't LOVE it, I insist that you get 100% of your money back.
- Lifetime Access to the course
- Access to Exclusive JJJ Community of Motivated Learners Ready to Help
- 18+ Modules
- 150+ Videos
- 10+ worksheets/guides/cheatsheets
- Build real-world practical components. Learn OOP, Modular Design Patterns, REST Api, Functional Programming, Basic Api Authentication, Algorithmic Challenges etc
- Over 31 hours of high quality refined content
- State Management In Vanilla JS (This makes learning frameworks a piece of cake)
- You'll indirectly learn practical Html and Css by Building many layouts
- Es6, Es7, es8... because you gotta stay relevant in this game
- Sass, NPM, WebPack and Modern Toolkit (Oh so efficient)
Save $78 — Pay in Full
JOIN 600+ OTHERS!BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY...Or 3 Monthly Payments of $125
"I find so much out there in the market that keeps everything in silos. Tenzin connected a lot of the dots. "
"my confidence skyrocketed...I wish the course would never end and we could do more projects together."